SUPPORT FOR SCHOOLS AND TEACHERS
Teachers and schools may need support and to create a positive learning environment for students with autism.
I work with teachers and staff to assist with communication and social skills, anxiety, attention and motivation of students with autism in the classroom.
Teachers are empowered with strategies to use for all children. We also work together to develop specific strategies tailored to individual students.
- Assessment and ongoing consultation
- Helping a child to communicate effectively
- Behaviour Support
- Increasing social skills
- Increasing daily living skills (such as changing for PE, food issues)
- Assisting with writing IEP/NEP/One plan targets
- Support in differentiating the curriculum
Using a variety of interventions, we can increase independence and reduce anxiety to ensure the student understands what to expect.
This includes the physical structure of the environment, personalised visual schedules, independent work-systems and visual/verbal instruction.
I work closely with teachers, to assess how we can best support the student. My services are tailored to the ethos and values of the school using evidence-based practices.